by LEX Tupas

The One

Today is the day of the heart. It is a special day for people to express their special concern to those who they value the most. Some say it takes some time to find that special person for each of us. Some are very lucky to find the one very early but it might take a lifetime for some to find that permanent love.
I have been in five serious relationships in my life. The longest lasted for four years and the shortest lasted only for six months. I always wished each one would be my permanent girlfriend but maybe she was only Ms. Quite Right. I might still have to wait patiently for Ms. Right.
Pareho sang kadam-an, naeksepryensyhan ko ang kasadya kag kanami sang pamatyag nga may inspirasyon. Pareho man sang halos tanan, naeksperyensyhan ko man ang pamatyag nga madula-an sang ginpalangga o nadula-an sang pagpalangga sa isa ka tinuga. Naeksperyensyhan ko man nga abi ko amu nag id sya pero may ara pa gali ako nga hulaton pa…
We aren’t getting any younger. Each of us prays, wishes and hopes to have that special person in our lives the soonest. In my case, I would really want to find the one as soon as possible. I trust that in God’s time she will come into my life, a woman who will be able to stand up for herself and will be able to stand up for her man. I am looking for a woman who would be intellectually stimulating, have good public relations skills as well as excellent communication skills, and someone who will be able to understand the career that I have chosen. Some of my friends say, I have high standards when it comes to the woman I would want to spend the rest of my life with. Well, isn’t anyone of us allowed to dream and to hope for the best? I always believe that settling for something less shouldn’t be an option because you wouldn’t be fair to yourself or the woman you settle with.
Hambal sang iban nga isa sa pinakadaku kag pinakaimportante nga desisyon nga ubrahun natun amu ang pagpili sang maging katuwang natun sa kabuhi kay tanan nga madasun nga mga desisyon natun maapektuhan sang namensyonar nga nauna nga desisyon. Sa subong, ang akun gid ginapalangga kag ginatagaan importansya, ang pumuluyo sang Syudad sang Iloilo.
Maybe in the next few days, months or years, she will come into my life. Maybe I will get to know her at the time I least expect it. Maybe she’s just around and I haven’t just given her a second look. Those are all uncertainties but what is certain is that when I find her, I’ll do my best to be able to keep her just as I will do my best to serve the City of Iloilo with the position and responsibility that was entrusted to me.
Sa mga pamatan-on kag kabataang Ilonggo, wala gid sang malain ang magpalangga kag maghatag oras sa paghigugma pero indi ta man pagkalimtan ang mga responsibilidad ta sa atun kaugalingon, pageskwela, trabaho, pamilya kag komunidad nga ginaistaran. Lain nga kasadyahan ang hatag sang kada isa mapaubra, pamilya, pinalangga kag iban pa man ina. Wala gahalin sa isa ka tawo lang or isa ka bagay ang tanan nga kalipayan.
Happy Valentine’s Day to one and all…Showing love and giving importance to others shouldn’t only be a once in a year event but something we can do on a daily basis.
Para sa kauswagan sang Siyudad sang Iloilo, UGYON Kabataang Ilonggo, UGYON Iloilo. Ipakita ta ang pagtamdanay kag pagabyanay sa adlaw adlaw ta nga kabuhi.
For comments and/or suggestions, email
councilorlextupas@yahoo.com. This also serves as the email used in my account in www.friendster.com.